MFMA ACCREDITATION PROGRAM
The MFMA Accreditation Program is intended to improve installer's competencies in the installation of MFMA maple sports flooring systems, and to provide architects, construction specifiers and end-users with information to make informed choices about the selection of qualified installers and installation companies.
MFMA accreditation is a voluntary process by which a non-governmental agency, such as MFMA, validates an individual’s qualifications and knowledge in a specific area of professional practice based on a set of pre-determined standards. In the case of hardwood maple sports flooring accreditation, the Maple Flooring Manufacturers Association is validating your qualifications and knowledge as hardwood maple, beech and birch sports flooring installer.
The purposes of Accreditation for hardwood maple sports flooring installers are:
- Assisting the general public in evaluating the experience and expertise of installers;
- Recognizing professional hardwood maple sports flooring installers who have met a designated level of experience and demonstrated a standard of knowledge.
- Providing a means of identifying professionals who have met a standard of achievement.
- Raising professional standards and improving the practice of hardwood maple sports flooring construction.
- Contact your MFMA Mill Manufacturer to inquire about MFMA Mill Accreditation Training.
- Two company owners or job foreman attend MFMA Mill Accreditation Training session on that particular manufacturer’s floor systems and MFMA standards and recommendations.
- Complete the MFMA-AI Application Form (please complete an application form for each individual taking the examination) and MFMA-AI Payment Form and send forward to MFMA Headquarters.
- Once a company has received MFMA Mill Accreditation any employee from that company is eligible to take the MFMA Accredited Installer Exam.
- Company owners or job foreman can take the MFMA Mill training and MFMA training back to their employees and train them so they are educated.
- MFMA Headquarters will then contact the MFMA Mill Manufacturer where you received your training to verify your company received training from that mill and that they recommend that any employees from your company can take the Accredited Installer Exam.
- Once MFMA has verified that your company has received training from that mill and that they recommend that any employees from your company are eligible to take the Accredited Installer Exam, you will be notified by MFMA Headquarters.
- Take the MFMA Accreditation Exam……
- At a location arranged by your MFMA Mill Manufacturing Member.
- At MFMA Headquarters in Deerfield, Illinois. Contact MFMA Headquarters for details.
- Arrange for MFMA staff to visit your facility to administer the exam (see enclosed MFMA Accredited Installer Exam Administration Service).
- Once you have successfully completed the examination process you will receive a letter confirming the you have successfully passed the MFMA Accreditation Exam, a Accreditation Certificate and an ID Card. All MFMA Accredited Installers are required to have their ID card available when on a job site.
If you have any questions or concerns, contact MFMA Headquarters at 847-480-9138 or by e-mail at email@example.com. Updated information, including fees, is available on the MFMA Web site at: www.maplefloor.org.